Why Is Early Childhood Education Important?
The organisation Zero to Three states in it's booklet titled Getting Ready For School Begins at Birth, "the brain is the only organ that is not fully formed at birth. During the first 3 years, trillions of connections between brain cells are being made. A child's relationships and experiences during the early years greatly influence how their brain grows."
It also doesn't just stop at three years. Research shows that from birth to eight years the brain has the most plasticity and capacity for change. Children who participate in quality preschool programs are more likely to arrive at school with the social, cognitive and emotional skills they need to engage in learning. These benefits continue well beyond primary school - higher levels of educational success, employment and social skills have all been linked to a good level of education prior to primary school years!
What Are Some Important Areas Of Learning?
Children need to feel confident as learners who can explore, ask questions, problem solve, try things, and above all, understand that it's okay to fail sometimes as long as you pick yourself up and try again. The following is a list of important areas to focus on in early education. At Kinder Kare, we cover all of these areas (and more) by using the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Use of the body and hands
- Respect for others
- Relating to both adults and other children
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding and accepting that everyone is different
- Strong self-knowledge
- A sense of belonging
- Acceptable behaviour and self-control
Health and physical well being are the basis for all quality learning and development. Eating habits, attitudes towards exercise and self-care routines build from the child's earliest experiences. Kinder Kare uses Munch and Move to keep our children physically and mentally healthy.
What Do Children Need To Support Learning In The Early Years?
- Adults who provide unconditional safety
- Ongoing and consistently positive relationships because children do a lot of their learning through copying what the people around them do
- Enough time to get involved and build relationships and connections with family and community
- A group experience of high quality
- A strong cooperative and integrative relationship between parents and educators which creates a support system that is consistent between childcare and home life
The information on this page was curated with the help of:
First-Class Early Learning Technology
Kinder Kare makes use of Kindyhub, a great app that helps us captures your child’s learning and updates you directly every day. This is part of our commitment to providing your child with the best learning experience.
At the end of each day, Kindyhub allows us to share your child’s early learning experience, capture your child’s achievements throughout the day and inform you through photos, notes, and stories about their progress.
Through a secure and private log-in, you will gain access to a snapshot of your child’s daily achievements. This complements the face-to-face interaction you have with our educators and management each day.
Through Kindyhub, you can look forward to :
- Receiving photos of your child learning, playing, and interacting
- Reading about your child’s day and keeping up-to-date with their learning milestones
- Quickly and easily communicating with us
- Collaborating with us to improve your child’s learning experience
Kinder Kare uses Xplor to automate the centre's administration to help teachers, educators and parents focus on the children's learning and development.
Using Xplor, you can quickly record your child's attendance without paper or hassle. It also allows us to notify you to confirm missed attendances, ensure you meet CCS regulation or to notify you of events happening around the centre.
Xplor gives you as a parent more convenience and certainty with the ability to make or alter bookings 24/7.
Compatibility & Portability
Xplor is "cloud based". It will work on any platform at anytime. You can access your account through desktop, tablet or mobile.